FileMaker 14 comes with 140 professionally designed button icons that cover a wide variety of tasks. You are able to change the colour and apply conditional formatting to the icons.
However depending on your task or application the right button icon might not be part of the preinstalled icon pack. Don’t worry, FileMaker allows you to import new button icons to your solutions.
Import New Button Icons
- Open your FileMaker Pro file and enter layout mode on one of the layouts.
- Create a new button. When you do, the below box should appear called ‘Button Setup’.
- Select one of the layout options that includes an icon. The button setup window will change and display new options to configure. This new options will allow you to select one of the free 140 icons to display in your button.
- At the bottom of the icon list is a button that allows you to import new icons.
- When you click the import button you are able to select which icon to import into your solution.
Importing a new icon makes it available to that FileMaker file only
The icon you import must be either SVG or PNG. For SVG Grammar, read here.
Changing the Icons Colour
FileMaker lets you change the colour of your button icons. However your icon must be correctly formatted. It must be an SVG file with the fill colour removed. This lets FileMaker populate the icon with the colours your specify.
You cannot change the fill colour of a PNG icon from within FileMaker. This only works with optimised SVG files
FileMaker Examples SVG Icon Pack
Talking of optimised SVG files, have you tried our icon pack? We have an SVG Icon Pack that is not just a collection of SVG icons. These icons are optimised to work with FileMaker, allowing developers to create truly unique solutions. The best thing about it… it’s free! Get it here.